In today's fast-paced work environment, more and more businesses large and small are looking to outsource their custodial needs to outside companies. This saves on manpower and increases operational efficiency. This guide is for businesses that have reached a point where hiring a few people with the upkeep and cleanliness of your facilities just isn't enough anymore.
Janitors play a crucial role in the overall happiness and satisfaction of regular employees, even if few people see all that they do. Here's some pointers on how to select the right janitorial company for your business:
Determining Your Needs
The very first step to selecting the company to take your custodial contract is to figure out your own needs.
- What are your cleaning specifications?
- What will your level of involvement be?
- Who pays for supplies?
- What about recycling?
- Where will equipment be stored?
These are all questions that a janitorial company will ask you. It will save you time to come up with an overview of what you're looking for. Be upfront about your needs and you will quickly narrow the field to those who can deliver just what you're looking for.
Working Out the Details
Most businesses will have a lesion to the janitorial department within the company. Hiring this individual to take charge of vetting and training an outside janitorial company is a good idea. Be on the lookout for:
- Commitment to quality. What assurances do the janitorial companies in question have to back their quality claims?
- Resources. Will the company in question be able to provide you with everything you need? Do they have the proper insurance and training manuals, as well as professional staff?
- Culture. Does this particular companies culture match yours? Are they a large national company? It's vital that a janitorial company mirrors your own values and standards so that everyone is on the same page.
Once you've selected a few qualified janitorial companies you can prepare a bidding package. This should outline exactly what you're looking for in as much detail as possible. Collect the quotes from each company and compare them side by side to determine who brings the most value.
Once you've narrowed your search to one, invite key managers for a walk through of your business to ensure they can meet all your requirements. If not, you should have a pool of other companies to pool from.
A clean an well kept workplace makes all the difference, and a good janitorial company makes that happen. Contact a company like Office cleaning at Alexandra Facility Services Inc. with any questions you have.Share